Friday, January 18, 2013

Up, Up, and Away (a brief farewell)

Well here it is, I am off to Texas for a good 5 months to begin training as an EMT/Paramedic. I feel that I have somehow shortchanged the blog world, not really, but you know how a blog's advertising campaign goes: Get a blog so you can be an elite expressionist or just re-blog the elite expressionists of this world, or you can just get one and do absolutely nothing and feel horrible about yourself, but hey at least you can tell your friends you have a blog right?
Anyway, I still like writing when I get the chance and without having a professor hand you the topic and say: "I need 5 pages on that tomorrow morning and you can have no fun."
So perhaps you'd like to know a little about the academy I'm attending? It's pretty awesome. Its a Christian academy in Big Sandy, TX a town with one stoplight (yehaw!). They train young men to serve in various public service roles i.e. firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue, para-medicine etc...
I thought the same thing until I saw this:


So yeah it's pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to what God will do to me and through me during this time. It will be silent at this end of things for a good while but I believe I will try to get out a few good ones (as in posts) during my summer break...
2 Peter 1:5-8 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Use the time you have because a man knows not his time.
--Connor

2 comments:

  1. Goodbye Connor!! It's going to be strange not seemingly for so long... We'll miss you. :) Last week, I was reading of our letters from Josh from while he was at ALERT. In it, he said that when he came home, he was going to get you into shape so that you could be in unit 49. And now you are. Josh would be so proud of you - and we are too. God bless you, Connor. Have a safe journey.

    -Mariah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *not seeing you

      Hehe... Stupid auto correct. :P

      Delete